The week of 8th May - 14th May 2017 marks Sun Awareness Week...here are some tips and information on how to stay safe in the sun.
How can I stay safe in the sun?
- Remember to always wear sunscreen (at least SPF15) and ensure children always wear sunscreen!
- Babies and children need extra care as their skin is more sensitive than adult skin
- Avoid the sun between the hours of 11am - 3pm - stay in the shade and cover up!
- Remember to use waterproof sunscreen if you’re going in the sea or a swimming pool
What if I get sunburnt?
- Gently sponge the efftected skin area with cool water before applying calming lotion
- Seek medical attention if your skin blisters or you feel unwell
- Avoid the sun until your skin has completely healed
Check out our full Summer Essentials page!
For more information about staying safe in the sun visit Cancer Research UK